Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Visit from Bryan's Parents and a Quick Update

Bryan's parents came up for the weekend.  It was a quick visit but we had a very nice time.  The kids were so excited to see them and had a blast playing with them all weekend!  When they first arrived, they offered to take the kids out to The Guitar Center (Noah's favorite place in the world right now because he can play the drums there) and then to pick up some pumpkins for a craft.  Bryan had to study and I quickly took them up on the offer to have some time all by myself!!  We ate pizza Friday night, then they decorated pumpkins.  Saturday we took it easy.  We went on a walking tour of the seminary and part of the University side of the campus.  Bonnie and I did a little shopping in the afternoon and the guys watched some football.  We ate a big meal of slow-cooked ribs, then made cookies and crashed out!  Sunday morning they headed back to MO!!  We were tempted to let Noah stow away in the Jeep but figured he'd be pretty upset after a few nights away from home.  : )

Noah continues to do very well with the new positive rewards system we are using.  I assume Taylor is liking it also since she is not getting picked on and bossed around as much!!  This last week has been so much more peaceful around our home and that is a nice feeling. 

Bryan started his regular quarter last week.  He is taking Hermeneutics, Spiritual Formation and Hebrew.   Hebrew has been taking up most of his time so far.  They teach it to similar to the way a young child learns to talk.  They use pictures and audio CDs and listen to them over and over....he was pretty frustrated at first but is getting the hang of it now.  He can sing me the alphabet now and say several short sentences!!  With classes and all of the necessary studying, we are doing our best to preserve a Sabbath Day to take completely off and 3 nights at home with the family (per Rod's advice).

I continue to look for a job.  I was not selected for an interview for the job here at Bethel.  I was disappointed but understood that I really only had the minimum qualifications.  I have a temporary agency that is looking for admin jobs for me and I've been searching all of the job sites almost daily.  I've have applied for 4 jobs in the last week but have not heard anything yet.  I am starting to get a little nervous but I'm sure something will work out...

No comments:

Post a Comment